Copyright Information and Trademark Guidelines
The Content contained on Micron's Websites is protected by applicable copyright laws and trademark laws. For further information, please see Micron's Copyright Information and Trademark Usage Guidelines. Any unauthorized use of the Content appearing on Micron's Websites may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties. Micron vigilantly enforces its intellectual property rights and will actively seek the recovery of any costs, damages and attorneys’ fees it may incur preventing the misuse or misappropriation of the Micron Websites and any Content therein.
- modify, create derivative works from, or further copy the Content;
- use the Content for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or noncommercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on or obtained from Micron's Websites;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notices on the Content; or
- transfer the Content to another person or "mirror" or "frame" the Content on any other website or server.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses Micron’s Websites in a manner that sends more request messages to the Micron servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Micron grants the operators of public search engines permission to use automated systems to copy Content from the Micron Websites for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the Content. Micron reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names and/or email addresses, from the Micron Websites, and not to use the communication systems provided by the Micron Websites for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Micron Websites with respect to their Submitted Information (as defined below). Note that certain Content made available for download or purchase on Micron's Websites is subject to its own specific terms and conditions through a separate click-to-accept agreement, and those terms and conditions applicable to such Content shall govern the download and use of such Content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE CONTENT ON MICRON'S WEBSITES IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. MICRON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING SUCH CONTENT AND MICRON DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, MICRON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT ON ITS WEBSITES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH CONTENT OR ON ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE MICRON WEBSITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL MICRON OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA OR PROFITS, OR DUE TO BUSINESS INTERRUPTION,) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT ON MICRON 'S WEBSITES, EVEN IF MICRON HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ORALLY OR IN WRITING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, AND THEREFORE THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Revisions and Errata
The Content appearing on Micron's Websites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Micron does not represent or warrant that any of the Content on the Micron Websites is accurate, complete, or current. Micron may make changes to the Content contained on the Micron Websites at any time without notice. Micron does not, however, make any commitment to update such Content.
Any information, data, images, drawings, photographs, and/or other materials you transmit, submit or post (or which you transmitted, submitted or posted in the past) to any Micron Website (collectively, "Submitted Information") will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Micron will have no obligations with respect to the Submitted Information, and by transmitting, submitting or posting Submitted Information to any Micron Website you hereby grant to Micron, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to make, sell, have made, disclose, distribute, display, perform, copy, reproduce, incorporate, prepare derivative works of, and/or otherwise use the Submitted Information for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes, including without limitation in connection with the Micron Websites.
From time to time, you may be requested to establish a member account and/or password to access certain portions of a Micron Website or to receive certain Content. In such cases, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all activities that occur under your account. Micron will not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of a third party using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge or consent. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time without the permission of the account holder. You agree to immediately notify Micron of any unauthorized use of your account.
Micron may, at Micron’s sole discretion, terminate your ability to transmit, submit, and/or post information to any Micron Websites if you are determined to be a repeat infringer of third party intellectual property rights.
Micron is not obligated to, but may in its sole discretion at any time and without notice, monitor or review any areas or locations on or in any of the Micron Websites where users transmit, submit or post Submitted Information or communicate with others, including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards, blogs, or any other user forums ("Exchange Services"), and any of the content of any such Submitted Information or Exchange Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Micron may in its sole discretion at any time and without notice: (a) refuse to post or remove any or all such content; (b) terminate your access to and/or use of any or all of the Exchange Services (including termination due to repeat infringement of intellectual property laws); (c) modify or terminate any or all of the Exchange Services; and/or (d) disclose any such content or information as Micron deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. Micron, however, will have no liability relating to any of the content of any such Submitted Information or Exchange Services, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
All Content appearing anywhere on Micron's Websites is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. The copyright to such Content is held by Micron, or by the respective third party owner of the Content. None of the Content may be copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means other than as expressly permitted herein or with Micron's or its licensors’ express prior written approval. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been posted to a Micron Website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Micron's Copyright Agent with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Micron to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Micron to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Micron's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
c/o Micron Technology, Inc.
8000 S. Federal Way, M/S 1-507
Boise, Idaho 83707
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
The Content on the Micron Websites is provided with “RESTRICTED RIGHTS”. Use, duplication, and/or disclosure by the United States Government of such Content is subject to the restrictions identified in FAR 52.227-14 and DFAR 252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. All other use is prohibited without the express prior written approval of Micron. Use of any of the Content appearing on Micron's Websites by the Government constitutes acknowledgment and acceptance of Micron's proprietary rights in such Content.
Links to Micron Websites
Any link to a Micron website from a different website using the Micron logos must conform to the Trademark Usage Guidelines and the following additional rules:
- You may not use any of the Micron logos to imply in any way that Micron has sponsored or endorsed your website or any of the products or services referenced on your website without receiving Micron's express prior authorization in writing;
- You may not alter any of the Micron logos in any way, including proportions or colors and may not animate or morph the logos to change their appearance;
- You may not use any of the Micron logos on any website that disparages Micron or its products or services in any way; and
- The Micron logos may only be used on website pages that make accurate reference to Micron, its products and/or services. The Micron logos must be placed on the same page as the reference to Micron and as close to the reference as feasible.
Micron may take action against any use of the Micron logos that does not conform to the requirements set out herein or that infringes any right held by Micron, and Micron will actively seek the recovery of any costs it may incur preventing any such misuse or damages that may result from such misuse.