Whether it is calculating battery life for a portable application, planning cooling for a desktop, or determining the power supply for a server, an accurate power budget for the memory is essential.
That's why we've created the Micron System-Power Calculator for all of our SDRAM devices. A system designer can use these models to accurately approximate the power requirements of SDRAM in a system environment, as well as experiment with various memory access schemes to determine the impact on power consumption.
These tools provide an easy method for estimating the memory power requirements needed in making important system architecture and design decisions. With an accurate estimation of power consumption, the system designer can quickly handle complex system trade-offs to optimize the system performance.
For more detailed information on system-power calculations, see the following technical notes:
- DDR TN-46-03
- DDR2 TN-47-04
- DDR3 TN-41-01
- RLDRAM II TN-49-04
- Mobile LPDRAM TN-46-12
- Mobile LPDDR2 TN-42-01 (Restricted Access)
Download Calculator to Excel
- SDRAM System-Power Calculator*
- DDR SDRAM System-Power Calculator*
- DDR2 SDRAM System-Power Calculator*
- DDR3 SDRAM System-Power Calculator*
- DDR4 SDRAM System-Power Calculator*
- RLDRAM II Power Calculator*
- RLDRAM 3 Power Calculator*
- Mobile LPDDR2 System-Power Calculator* (Restricted Access)
- TN-52-01: LPDDR3 System Power Calculator* (Restricted Access)
- TN-53-01: LPDDR4 System Power Calculator* (Restricted Access)
- TN-53-07: LPDDR4X System Power Calculator* (Restricted Access)
*This spreadsheet is for estimating purposes only. Any information provided herein is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind. Micron warrants only that its products comply with micron's specification sheet for the product at the time of delivery; provided that deviations from specifications which do not materially affect form, fit or function of such product in the system and configuration in or for which it is initially installed or qualified by customer shall not be deemed to constitute failure to comply with such specifications.