Login / Register
Benefits of hardware encryption
Data encryption is essential to data security. Micron provides the full benefits of hardware-based encryption with self-encrypted drives (SEDs) that support the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Storage Security Subsystem Class Opal and Enterprise protocols for client and enterprise storage, respectively.
Benefits of hardware encryption include:
- Security: Decreased vulnerability to attack because the data encryption and user authentication are performed on the drive itself, independent of the operating system, memory, and BIOS.
- Performance: Maximized system performance because CPU and memory overhead isn’t impacted.
- Ease of Use: Seamless and transparent to the user so it doesn’t interfere with their workflow.
- TCO: Less costly to implement and maintain than software encryption.
- Compliance: Conforms to industry standards and government data security regulations.