French/ Français | German/ Deutsch | Italian/ Italiano | Japanese/ 日本語 | Korean / 코리언| Malay/Bahasa Malaysia | Simplified Chinese/ 简化中文 | Traditional Chinese/ 傳統漢語
Micron Technology, Inc. and its group companies (collectively “Micron”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to conducting business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism, and this includes respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data.
In this Micron Privacy Notice (this “Notice”), we provide you with details about how we process your personal data and about the options you may have under applicable data privacy regulations to manage how we use your personal data. “Processing” means collecting, using, sharing, transferring and storing of your personal data.
We conduct our business globally through Micron Technology, Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries. A list of our affiliates and subsidiaries is available here and our branded products include Micron, Crucial and Ballistix brands.
We encourage you to contact us (see “How to Contact Us” below) if you have any questions or concerns.
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice applies to individuals, anywhere in the world, who interact with Micron’s websites or applications, visit our facilities or use our services.
Micron may process the personal data of customers, partners, vendors, visitors, or other individuals who are engaged in business with or seeking to engage in business with Micron (“Individuals”).This Notice applies to these Individuals regardless of their geographic location during their interactions with Micron. Our Applicant Privacy Notice and Employment Privacy Notice govern how we process your Personal data as part of a recruiting or employment relationship.
2. YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
Micron allows you to exercise your privacy rights and manage how we use your data.
Privacy and data protection laws in different countries and regions around the world give individuals certain rights in relation to their personal data. We conduct our privacy practices according to this Micron Privacy Notice and the relevant laws of the countries or regions in which we interact with you. Micron encourages you to Contact Us or use the self-help tools we make available to you on our websites to learn more about your privacy rights and how we collect and use your personal data.
3. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that relates to you and your interactions with Micron.
When used in this Notice, “personal data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual (“data subject”), and includes “personal data” or “personal information” as defined in applicable data protection laws. Data that cannot be associated with you, such as aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information (“Anonymous Information”), is not personal data. Micron commits to keep Anonymous Information in its de-identified state, and will make no efforts to re-identify such data.
A. Personal Data You Provide.
- When you interact with us, we collect information in the context of our relationship (e.g., vendor, host, employer, etc.). Providing us with some Personal data may be required in order for you to interact with us. You may be invited to provide additional Personal data to personalize your interactions with us.
- If you interact with Micron through a third party or purchase our products from them, we may receive personal data about you from that third party.
- We may use third party services to supplement, validate or increase the accuracy of personal data we hold about you. For example, we use third parties to validate your mailing address so that we can deliver our products to you more efficiently.
- The personal data that you share with third parties is not controlled by Micron or covered by our privacy notices. We encourage you to review third party policies and privacy settings so that you understand how the personal data you share with third parties may be used or shared with others.
D. Derived Information. Micron may use information we have about you to draw inferences and we may then use those inferences to gain a more complete understanding of your preferences. We use preference data in order to offer you potential choices, make recommendations, or to alert you to products or services that may be of interest to you.
E. Children’s Information. Micron does not market its commercial products or services to children. If you are under 16 years of age, do not supply any personal data to Micron. If you wish to purchase a Micron product, use our services, or participate in our educational or charitable opportunities, please ask your parent or guardian to handle these transactions for you. Click here for details related to the Micron Foundation’s collection and use of personal data in connection with webpages and educational programs offered by the Micron Foundation (a 501(c)(3) Idaho non-profit corporation).
F. Personal data collection, disclosure and retention chart.
Categories of personal data We collect
Business and commercial uses of personal data
Categories of third parties to whom we disclose
Retention of personal data
Identifiers (such as name, email address, telephone number, business affiliation, and other contact information)
Commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
Same as above
Financial data (such as payment information, account or credit card information)
To provide our products and services and operate our business.
Same as above
Internet or other network or device activity (such as IP addresses, device identifiers, cookie data, device attributes, device usage information, browsing information, metadata, and other information described in Section 3 of our Privacy Notice)
(e.g., providers of data storage, customer support, and CRM systems), and other subcontractors
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal data to develop and provide our products and services to you, to personalize, improve and promote our interactions with you, to manage our business and to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Unless we specifically disclose otherwise, you understand that we may use any of your collected personal data for any of the purposes described in this Notice (as permitted by applicable law), including:
A. For Account Registration and Servicing.
- We may use your personal data to create, maintain, supplement, service, change or delete your account with us.
- If you have a customer account with us, we may collect certain personal data for security purposes in order to verify your authorized access to your accounts with us.
- We may use your personal data to resolve customer service questions you may have about our products and services and to follow up with you about your experience.
- We may use your personal data to communicate with you about our products and services and to share offers for third party products and services that we think you may find useful.
- We may use your personal data to personalize your interactions and experiences with us.
- We may use your personal data to improve the quality of and to develop new products and services.
- We may use any information you give to us in surveys or other forms of feedback.
- We may combine your information with that from other customers in order to better understand our products and services and how we may improve them.
- We may use your information to operate our business, including fulfilling your requests, providing you with technical or customer support, and complying with legal requirements.
- We may use your information to help us protect our products, services, workforce, and customers, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
- In some jurisdictions, we use demographic data such as ethnicity for diversity and inclusion programs.
- We may conduct research using your information alone or in combination with that of other customers.
- We use personal data to create aggregated or de-identified data, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
We will only share your information as we have described in this Privacy Notice.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including personal data, with third party service providers who we contract with to help us provide our products and services and operate our business, including fulfilling your requests, providing you with technical or customer support, protecting our products and services, combatting fraud, protecting your information, verifying compliance with Micron policies and applicable laws, preparing and delivering advertising and marketing content, providing content services, personalizing ads, studying the effectiveness of our ad campaigns, and understanding and measuring interactions with our online properties.
B. Information Sharing Between Micron Entities. This Notice applies to all of your interactions with Micron regardless of geography. Except where prohibited by law, regulation, or a contractual obligation, we share your information across Micron (including among our affiliates and subsidiaries) for the purposes described in this Notice. When we share information between Micron entities, we do so in the context of technical and organizational safeguards, including contractual measures in place between those entities, which for relevant transfers include the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses. You can contact us for more details about those Clauses.
D. Credit Reporting. We may share information about your creditworthiness with credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
E. Sale of Our Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, information about you may be shared, sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share your personal data with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries or affiliates.
F. De-identified or Aggregated Data. We may de-identify or aggregate your information, alone or in combination with other individuals’ information, and share such de-identified or aggregated information freely.
G. With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we may also share your information for other purposes with your consent or at your direction.
6. DATA TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD
We may transfer, process or store your personal data in countries or regions other than those in which you are located.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may transfer, process or store your personal data in any country or region where we have facilities, business operations, or engage service providers, or where the other recipients of personal data described in this Notice are located. By using our site or otherwise interacting with us, you acknowledge the transfer of your personal data to, and the processing and storage of your personal data in, countries outside of your country of residence or the point of collection.
Some countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country. However, Micron has taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data remains protected in accordance with law when it is being transferred, processed and stored.
Micron complies as a self-certifying entity with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, as described in our Privacy Shield Policy where you can find additional information regarding how Micron complies with the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, Micron no longer relies on those Frameworks for its own transfers of personal data from the European Union (“EU”), the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”), or Switzerland (“CH”) to the United States. Instead, Micron relies on legal mechanisms such as the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses or your consent (in limited circumstances) for such transfers and for other transfers to jurisdictions that have not been recognized as having laws that provide adequate protection. For a copy of the Clauses, you may contact us as described below.
Please Contact Us or use the self-help tools we make available to you on our websites to learn more about your rights with respect to data transfers and to request access to, limit the use of, or limit the disclosure of, your personal data. If you make a request that involves personal data, you will need to provide certain authentication and verification information in order for us to respond to your request.
7. CONNECTING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Micron may work with third parties to enhance your experience.
In your interactions with us, it may be necessary for us to sync, link or connect your information with third parties, including providing personal data necessary to identify or authenticate your requested interactions. In some cases, your consent for these interactions will be required by us, by the third party or by both. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any third party that you choose to share your personal data with, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
Interactions with shop.crucial.com The website shop.crucial.com is operated by Digital River, not by Micron. Digital River is a controller of personal data collected on that website. Digital River commits to process information it collects through its site pursuant to its own policies and practices. When Digital River shares your information with Micron, we process that information pursuant to the Micron Privacy Notice.
8. MANAGING YOUR PRIVACY
A. Managing Marketing Communications From Us. We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. If you have received marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive, you may:
- Contact us or use the self-help tools we make available to you on our websites to manage your personal data and adjust your preferences regarding your personal data and your interactions with us.
- Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or newsletter you received.
- Adjust your preferences in your Micron account settings.
- For SMS messages, reply “STOP” or follow the instructions in the message or settings to discontinue the communications.
- If you are receiving push notifications from us to your mobile device and no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
E. Social Media Features. Micron or our authorized third parties may use social media features to gather certain information about you. These features may collect your IP address and log which web pages you are visiting,and may also set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these social media features are governed by the privacy policies and practices of the providing company.
9. DATA RETENTION
Micron retains and uses your information in accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations:
- We will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business.
- When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our products and services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have elected to not receive marketing communications from us.
- We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings.
- We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and Micron’s records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and to detect and prevent fraud.
- Please refer to the table in Section 3 for retention by category of personal data.
We use security measures to help protect personal data.
Keeping your personal data safe is important to us. At Micron we:
- Constantly work to update our security practices to help protect your personal data and review our security procedures carefully.
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
- Train applicable employees and contractors on data privacy and require them to safeguard your data.
- Comply with the Payment Card Industry's Data Security Standards where applicable.
We operate in many different countries and regions. Our Privacy Notice sets out the privacy principles and procedures we adhere to globally, but specific laws may apply to you based on the country or region in which you are located.
Micron has adopted a global approach on privacy with the intent of providing individuals with strong privacy protections regardless of where they reside. We recognize and implement high standards for privacy rights compliance on a global scale.
You can find additional privacy provisions that may be relevant to your specific country or region below:
- European Union, United Kingdom, Switzerland and European Economic Area
- US- California
- US- Virginia
We may make changes to our Privacy Notice or our supporting privacy procedures at any time.
From time to time we may change or update this Notice. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time and without prior notice to you. If we make material changes to the way we process your personal data, we will provide you notice by posting the most current version of this Notice on our websites and we may also advise you of changes via our products and services information, or by other communication channels, such as by email, newsletters or community post. Please review any changes carefully.
If you object to any changes and no longer wish to use our products and services, you may close your accounts and cease to interact with us. All changes to our Privacy Notice are effective immediately upon posting and, except to the extent prohibited by law, your continued interaction with us after a posting of an updated Privacy Notice shall constitute your acceptance of all changes.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, you may contact us by email, telephone or direct mail. Please see section 11 for additional information on how to contact us in certain regions and countries.
A. Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Via Telephone: 1-800-336-8915
C. Via Direct Mail:
Micron Technology, Inc.
Attention: Legal - Privacy
8000 South Federal Way
Boise, Idaho 83707-0006, USA