We include this additional information to comply with the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“CDPA”). Any terms defined in the CDPA have the same meaning when used in this section. These Virginia Privacy Provisions do not apply to personal data that is exempt from the CDPA. The Micron entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on the unique circumstances of your interactions with us.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Virginia Personal Data
Micron collects all of the information described in Section 3 of our Privacy Notice from and about Virginia Consumers. You should refer to that section for more detail, but this information generally falls into the categories listed in the chart in Section 3, to the extent it is personally identifiable. The chart also indicates the categories of third parties to whom we recently disclosed the personal data leading up to the effective date of this Notice, and how long we retain the categories of personal data in Micron systems.
- Right to Opt Out:
Virginia Consumers have a right to ask us not to share certain personal data for the purpose of targeted advertising. You can make such a request by performing the following steps:
- Marketing opt-out: Use the “Your Privacy Choices” link in the footer of Micron websites, click on the “opt-out” option to opt out of sharing and sales of your personal data, which includes any sharing of your information for targeted advertising. As an alternative to using the link referenced above, you may call +1-800-336-8915 to submit your request; and
- Cookies and online tracker opt-out: If you’d like to opt-out of targeted advertising that happens through cookies and related technologies, follow the steps below on each Micron website you use:
- Click the cookie icon in the bottom left corner of the website.
- Select the “Reject All” option.
Micron does not “sell” personal data as that term is defined under the CDPA. Furthermore, Micron does not use Consumer personal data for profiling or automated decision making that has legal or significant effects to Consumers as defined in the CDPA. Finally, Micron does not process “sensitive data” as that term is defined under the CDPA for any purposes other than required by law.
- Right to Access, Correct, or Delete Personal Data:
If you are a Virginia Consumer, Virginia law requires Micron to:
- Provide you the categories of personal data we have recently collected or disclosed about you; the categories of sources of such data; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing your personal data; the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed personal data; and the length of time we retain this data. (This data is the same for all consumers, and thus we provide it in Section 3 of this Notice).
- Upon request, provide a copy of personal data we hold about you, correct your personal data, or delete your personal data.
- Provide you with the right to appeal Micron’s decisions related to the request types listed above.
To exercise any of these rights, please use our online form, or call +1-800-336-8915. Please note, we may request additional information from you, if necessary, to verify your identity or find your unique records in our systems.
We respect your right to privacy and will not take any negative actions against you for asserting your rights.
If you are concerned about Micron’s compliance with the CDPA, you may contact the Virginia Attorney General.
- Contacting Us:
You may contact us:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Via direct mail:
Micron Technology, Inc.
Attention: Legal - Privacy
8000 South Federal Way
Boise, Idaho 83707-0006, USA