We include this additional information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 ("CPRA"). These California Privacy Provisions do not apply to personal data that is exempt from the CCPA or CPRA.
The Micron entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on the unique circumstances of your interactions with us.
- Collection, Use, and Disclosure of California Personal Data:
Micron collects all of the information described in Section 3 of our Privacy Notice from and about California residents. You should refer to that section for more detail, but this information generally falls into the categories listed in the chart, to the extent it is personally identifiable. The chart also indicates the categories of third parties to whom we recently disclosed the data leading up to the effective date of this Notice, and how long we retain the categories of personal data in Micron systems.
Micron does not receive any monetary compensation for data it shares with vendors or service providers. Micron shares or “sold” (as that term is defined under the CCPA) “identifiers” (like IP addresses), “internet or other electronic network activity information” (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on a website), and “commercial information” (like the fact that a browser visited our webpage, ) to third parties that assist us, such as marketing or analytics providers.
- Right to Opt Out of “Sale” of Personal Data:
Californians have a right to ask us not to “sell or share” certain personal data as those terms are defined under the CPRA. You can make such a request by performing the following steps:
- Marketing opt-out: Use the “Your Privacy Choices” link in the footer of Micron websites, click on the “opt-out” option to opt out of sharing and sales of your personal data, which includes any sharing of your information for targeted advertising. As an alternative to using the link referenced above, you may call +1-800-336-8915 to submit your request; and
Cookies and online tracker opt-out: If you’d like to opt-out of CPRA “sales or sharing” that happen through cookies and related technologies, follow the steps below on each Micron website you use:
- Click the cookie icon in the bottom left corner of the website.
- Select the “Reject All” option.
- Right to Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Data:
Micron does not process Sensitive Personal Data of California Consumers. Micron does process Sensitive Personal data in its role as an employer, but only for lawful purposes.
- Right to Access, Correct, or Delete Personal data:
If you are a California resident, California law requires Micron to:
- Provide you the categories of personal data we have recently collected or disclosed about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing your personal data; the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed personal data; and the length of time we retain this information. (This information is the same for all consumers, and thus we provide it in Section 3 of this Notice).
- Upon request, provide a copy of personal data we hold about you, correct your personal data, or delete your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights, please use our online form, or call +1-800-336-8915. Please note, we may request additional information from you, if necessary, to verify your identity or find your unique records in our systems.
We respect your right to privacy and will not take any negative actions against you for asserting your rights.
- Requests Made by Authorized Representatives:
If you are the authorized representative making an access, correction or deletion request on behalf of a California resident, we must take steps to verify your authority. This will require you to provide written proof of your authority.
- Contacting Us:
Via email: email@example.com.
Via direct mail:
Micron Technology, Inc.
Attention: Legal - Privacy
8000 South Federal Way
Boise, Idaho 83707-0006, USA
Via telephone: 1-800-336-8915