Micron has adopted a global view on privacy with the intent of providing our customers with strong privacy rights regardless of where they reside. We have attempted to recognize and implement high standards for privacy rights compliance on a global scale and our use of terminology in this Privacy Notice should be interpreted to reflect that intent. You can find additional privacy terms that may be relevant to your specific country or region below.
In addition to the terms of our global Privacy Notice, Micron wants Individuals with whom it interacts that are located in the State of California to understand the following additional privacy and data protection measures which may be applicable (“California Privacy Terms”). These California Privacy Terms apply to the processing by Micron of Personal Information related to identified or identifiable individuals and households located in the State of California.
During your interactions with us, the collection and processing of your Personal Information will occur as provided in and under the terms of our Privacy Notice. These additional terms apply to the processing by Micron of Personal Information related to identified or identifiable individuals or households located in the State of California. We include this additional information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
The Micron entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information will depend on the unique circumstances of your interactions with us. Micron has adopted internal policies and implemented measures to ensure that the applicable legal requirements are met and that your Personal Information is processed with respect and care using the appropriate technology.
Managing Your Data:
- Micron does not sell your Personal Information.
- Micron may collect, process, store and disclose your Personal Information for a disclosed business purpose or with your consent. If consent is required for us to process your Personal Information, you may withdraw or modify such consent at any time by contacting us or using the self-help tools we make available to you on our websites.
- When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any other purpose.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, Micron has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Contact information that includes identifiers such as your first and last name, business entity name, e-mail address, and telephone number; Financial information (account or credit card numbers); Demographic information (address, age, or income level); Other unique identifiers such as your tax ID number, IP addresses, geolocation data; Internet or other similar network activity, including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, activity history, informational materials from our websites, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, http response code, and other communication data or information regarding your interaction with our websites; Commercial information, including our products or services with which you interact, including historical or trend information, and inferences or profiling information created therefrom.
- You have the right to:
- request access to your Personal Information as it is processed and stored by us;
- correct or delete your Personal Information that we hold, unless Micron is legally required to retain it;
- restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your request, we may disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- We will respond to properly submitted and verified requests for access, disclosure or deletion within 45 days.
- Please contact us or use the self-help tools we make available to you on our websites for more information or to exercise a request regarding your California data rights.
Contacting Us in the US - California:
Email is the fastest and most-preferred way to reach us with your data management or privacy related questions and concerns. You may contact us via email at email@example.com.
You may also contact us via direct mail at:
Micron Technology, Inc.
Attn: Legal - Privacy
8000 South Federal Way
Boise, Idaho 83707-0006, USA
If you are concerned about Micron’s compliance with California laws relating to the privacy of your Personal Information, you may also contact the California Attorney General’s office.