- Keep competitive with Micron's flash. Virtualization requires the random I/O performance of flash-based SSDs, which eclipses HDDs by tens of thousands of I/Os.
- Partner with the all-flash vSAN™ pioneer. Micron was the first to publicly demonstrate an all-SSD VMware vSAN in 2014, which helped VMware define its vSAN 6.0 all-flash and hybrid hardware guidance.
- Achieve an HCI. Micron® 3D NAND, NVMe™ SSDs, DRAM and NVDIMMs help you achieve an hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) that builds real business value for your DevOps management culture and cloud-native application use cases.
- Simplify compute, storage, & networking management. Reduce system complexity and costs with virtualization by abstracting and pooling physical resources. Micron’s VMware ESXCLI plugin enables remote management and monitoring of Micron’s enterprise SSDs in a virtualized environment.
- Put your money where your performance is. Micron provides high-endurance, high-performance flash for the cache memory tier and cost-effective, high-capacity flash for the storage-class memory tier. Our unique insights can help you balance workloads and applications to go hyperscale and beyond.
- Accelerate applications and workloads. Large, complex workloads can create unforecasted demand as applications claim space is thinly provisioned elsewhere. Deploying high-capacity Micron DRAM, SSDs and NVDIMMs can bring compute and low-latency storage closer together.
- Tame server sprawl and curtail costs. Scale up and out efficiently and effectively with Micron’s high-density, high-performance, low-latency SSDs. Reduce your storage footprint’s power and cooling costs while supporting more virtual machines per host and reducing the number of software licenses per node.
- Mitigate data recovery risks and increase peace of mind. Better prevent lost, corrupted or unavailable data with Micron’s end-to-end data path protection and mean time to failure MTTF that is 30 percent better than the average SSD.
- Mix, manage, and enable OpEX, CapEX. Capitalize on virtualization’s streamlined storage consumption cost forecasting while simultaneously meeting service-level agreements for users and applications. Build your infrastructure in a gradual and scalable way.
- Preserve data integrity. Ease enterprise security concerns without hindering application performance using Micron’s self-encrypting drives with XTS-AES-256-bit encryption at the device level. Micron’s SSDs prevent changes when firmware has been tampered with.