Get the performance, density, flexibility and scale essential for data analytics, media repositories, OpenStack™ cloud infrastructures and content streaming with the Micron Accelerated Ceph™ Storage Solution.
How It’s Built
Our Accelerated Ceph Storage Solution leverages servers with Red Hat Ceph Storage running on Red Hat Linux and powered by our fast Micron NVMe SSDs and DRAM memory. This configuration delivers over 1.9 Million IOPs and reaches 240 Gb/s throughput –enough to support up to 9600 Ultra High-Definition streams simultaneously.
Why Red Hat Ceph Storage?
Red Hat Ceph Storage has a software-defined architecture that provides unified access to block, file and object storage allowing you can integrate into your existing hardware and infrastructure for lower capital costs and more flexibility. Even better for your IT environment, Ceph Storage offers robust, multi-tenant storage for cloud and virtualization applications like Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Amazon Web Services.
- Deploy with ease: Pre-tuned “turn-key” Ceph platforms support by Red Hat free your IT teams to focus on high-value tasks like fast deployment.
- Scale with ease: To expand capacity or performance, add hosts to the Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster or add SSDs to a host. No need to overprovision!
- Boost performance: Get better performance with solutions optimized by expert engineers at the platform level.
- Lower costs: Lower acquisition costs while driving better results with SOLID READY solutions that use enterprise-grade SSDs and advanced DRAM.
Up to 2.3 Million IOPs1
Up to 14,000+ Ultra-HD2 Streams
|(4K Small Block Random Reads @ 1.4 ms avg latency)||(4MB Large Object Random Reads @ 30 ms latency)|
|Excellent for: Cloud Infrastructure||Excellent for: Media Streaming (supports up to 47 GiBps1)|
1 Per Micron Red Hat Ceph Reference Architecture
2Per Netflix “Internet Connection Speed Recommendations” of 25Mb per 4K Stream
Benchmark software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Micron products. Performance tests are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those items may cause the performance results to differ from the results claimed. Micron advises you to consult other information and performance tests that may be available from other sources to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases.
- Solution Brief: Micron Accelerated Red Hat Ceph Storage on AMD EPYC servers with Micron 9200 MAX & 5210 ION SSDs
- Reference Architecture: Micron Accelerated Red Hat Ceph Storage on AMD EPYC servers with Micron 9200 MAX & 5210 ION SSDs
- Solution Brief: Micron Accelerated Red Hat Ceph Storage with 9300 MAX NVMe SSDs
- Reference Architecture: Micron Accelerated Red Hat Ceph Storage with 9300 MAX NVMe SSDs
- Solution Brief: Micron Accelerated Ceph Luminous 12.2.8 + BlueStore and NVMe SSD Solutions
- Reference Architecture: Micron Accelerated Ceph Luminous 12.2.8 + BlueStore and NVMe SSD Solutions
- Solution Brief: Cost-Efficient Micron Accelerated Solutions using 5210 ION SSDs for Ceph Data Lakes