Introducing the world’s first QLC SSD and the HDD replacement of choice
Designed for the top workloads of today and tomorrow, the Micron 5210 SSD accelerates analysis into action. It’s ideal for handling the demands of SQL and NoSQL databases, real-time analytics and big data, block and object stores, media streaming, and the data lakes that feed artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
Huge data sets. Massive opportunity. With QLC SSDs.
Capacities on the Micron 5210 SSD start in terabytes, not gigabytes. That’s intentional. QLC technology allows you to store 33% more bits per cell. Cull oceans of data for answers with the affordable power of the Micron 5210 SSD – all while writing lots of data.2 You can also adjust the drive’s endurance and write performance with our innovative Flex Capacity feature to meet the needs of ever-evolving workloads.
Spin struggles. You don’t have to.
Compared to the largest 10K RPM HDDs available, the Micron® 5210 ION delivers 175x faster random reads, 30x faster random writes, and 2x faster throughput.3 It’s also 3x more energy efficient, fueling a lower terabyte-to-terabyte total cost of ownership. Compared to 3.5-inch 7200 RPM HDDs, you can pack twice as many 2.5-inch Micron 5210 SSDs into a typical 2U rack to save on power, cooling, licenses, and floor space.4 How much are your racks costing you?
Micron quality: from silicon to system.
|Performance||Sequential reads (MB/s)6||540||540||540||540|
|Sequential writes (MB/s)6||130||260||350||360|
|Random reads (K IOPS)7||40||70||83||90|
|Random writes (K IOPS)7||7||13||6.5||4.5|
|Endurance (DWPD for 5 years: green cells indicate HDD & QLC SSD Best-Fit Zone)||100% 128K Sequential Writes||0.8||0.8||0.8||0.8||HDD & QLC SSD Best-Fit Zone|
|90% 128K Sequential Writes/ 10% 4K Random Writes||0.71||0.72||0.62||0.56|
|80% 128K Sequential Writes / 20% 4K Random Writes||0.65||0.66||0.56||0.39|
|70% 128K Sequential Writes / 30% 4K Random Writes||0.56||0.56||0.41||0.27|
|50% 128K Sequential Writes / 50% 4K Random Writes||0.43||0.44||0.25||0.16|
|100% 4K Random Writes||0.2||0.2||0.09||0.05|
|Basic attributes||Interface||SATA 6 Gb/s|
|Form factor||2.5-inch, 7mm|
|NAND||Micron 3D QLC NAND|
|Encryption||AES 256-bit (TCG Enterprise options available)|
|Reliability||MTTF||2 million device hours|
|UBER||<1 sector per 1017 bits read|
|Environmental characteristics||Power consumption||Idle: 1.5W
Sequential read: 2.8W max
Sequential write: 6.3W max
|Temperature (operating)||0-70° C|
|Physical characteristics||Size (L x W x H)||100.45mm x 69.85mm x 7.00mm|
|Advanced features8||FlexProtect, Flex Capacity, AES 256-bit encryption, TCG Enterprise configurability, enterprise power-loss protection (data in flight and at rest), enterprise end-to-end data path protection, sanitize, secure firmware, RAIN, adaptive thermal monitoring, hot pluggable, Storage Executive SSD management tool|
The Micron 5210 was the world’s first QLC SSD to be shipped and sold (21 May 2018).
- According to research published in Data Storage, AI, and IO Patterns: http://www.enterprisestorageforum.com/print/storage-technology/data-storage-ai-and-io-patterns.html
- Endurance varies by workload and drive capacity – see endurance table in this document for additional workload-specific information.
- Based on public datasheet values for the 1.92TB Micron 5210 SSD (70,000 IOPS random reads, 13,000 IOPS random writes) and SNIA PTSe IOPS industry-standard test results on 2.4TB 10k hybrid HDDs (rounded up to 400 IOPS for both random reads and writes). Actual performance may vary. Energy efficiency comparison based on datasheet values for active average reads.4Based on a typical 2U storage server with the ability to hold twelve 3.5-inch drives or 24 2.5-inch drives.
- Based on a typical 2U storage server with the ability to hold twelve 3.5-inch drives or 24 2.5-inch drives.
- Unformatted. 1GB = 1 billion bytes. Formatted capacity is less.
- 128KB transfer size, steady state.
- 4KB transfer size, steady state.
- No hardware, software or system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Micron assumes no liability for lost, stolen or corrupted data arising from the use of any Micron products, including those products that incorporate any of the mentioned security features.
Products warranted only to meet Micron data sheet specifications. Products and specifications subject to change without notice.
©2020 Micron Technology, Inc. Micron Technology, Inc. is not responsible for omissions or errors in typography or photography. Micron, the Micron logo, and Flex Capacity are trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.