Get high performance for native block, iSCSI block, Swift and S3 object services to OpenStack™, VMware™ and container-based infrastructures with the Micron Accelerated NexentaEdge™ Solution. This all-flash software-defined storage (SDS) solution is the result of our collaboration with Nexenta and Supermicro to deliver the simplicity of a fully preconfigured appliance with the flexibility of scale-out SDS.
How It’s Built
Our Accelerated NexentaEdge Solution is comprised of Supermicro servers using NextenaEdge software — powered by Micron flash SSDs and memory — to deliver up to 90,000 random 8KB 75% read, 25% write input/output operations per second (IOPS) per node, with a typical five-node cluster delivering up to 375,000 IOPS. The result is simple scaling of performance and capacity in predictable increments.1
1Different workloads may result in different performance values.
The Micron Accelerated NexentaEdge Solution’s configuration has been tested and documented by Micron (including the performance measurements above) — giving it our SOLID Ready seal of approval.
Why NexentaEdge Software?
- Protect your data: Cloud copy on write design delivers enterprise-grade data integrity.
- Increase performance: Distributed caching provides higher performance.
- Keep your data: Unlimited instant snapshots and clones help disaster recovery efforts and provide peace of mind in the event of data loss.
- Maximize flash endurance: Automatic self-healing and active self-balancing continuously distributes loads across all devices in the cluster to maximize flash endurance.
- Simplify management: CLI, REST API and an intuitive graphical user-interface allow easy management of clusters.
- Lower cost: Ultra-scalable, cluster-wide inline deduplication and compression can lower the effective cost of storage for virtual machines and offset the cost of all-flash solutions.
- VMware clouds
- Object-based active archives
- Container infrastructure
- Big data infrastructure
Download the Micron/Nexenta Solution Brief