Get the performance, density, flexibility and scale from your storage infrastructure that is essential for operational and business success with Micron Accelerated Solutions for Microsoft® Storage Spaces Direct as well as with Microsoft’s new portfolio for Azure Stack HCI solutions.
Storage Spaces Direct is a software-defined storage solution for converged and hyperconverged data centers, providing both traditional storage area network services and virtualized infrastructure solutions. Azure Stack HCI is a hyperconverged solution that uses validated hardware to run virtualized workloads on-premises specifically on Windows Server 2019 clusters.
How It’s Built
Our Accelerated Solutions for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct are built upon industry standard x86 server architectures along with Microsoft’s Windows Server® platform and are powered by fast Micron NVMe and SATA enterprise SSDs and Micron DRAM memory. These solutions are delivered to you as a series of reference architectures that provide blueprints for creating four-node Storage Spaces Direct clusters that can be expanded as needed to meet your application requirements.
For customers using Microsoft infrastructure services, Storage Spaces Direct is an obvious choice for hyperconverged infrastructure needs. It is included with every Windows Server 2016 Datacenter edition license, providing a low- to no-cost storage infrastructure with the flexibility to support a variety of storage requirements.
Why Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct?
For customers committed to Microsoft infrastructure services, Storage Spaces Direct is an obvious choice for hyperconverged infrastructure needs. It is included with every Windows Server 2016 Datacenter edition license, providing a low- to no-cost storage infrastructure with the flexibility to support a variety of storage needs.
- Simplicity – Storage Spaces Direct makes use of commonly available x86 standard servers from multiple vendors at a variety of price points. Each reference architecture provides information that enables you to rapidly deploy the specified solution infrastructure, along with performance analysis to ensure you properly size the deployment.
- Performance – Each reference architecture leverages Micron’s advanced, high-performance SSDs and DRAM, enabling high performance that is optimized for Storage Spaces Direct.
- Fault Tolerance – The scalable software-defined storage solution provides data redundancy by ensuring copies of all data are duplicated on more than one node within the cluster. When a component or an entire server fails, Storage Spaces Direct can continue to provide data services to hosted applications until the failing component is repaired.
- Scalability – Each reference architecture documents a basic, fault-tolerant four-node Storage Spaces Direct solution that can scale up to 16 nodes per Storage Spaces Direct cluster, making it capable of generating millions of IOPS to fit almost any application requirement.
- Flexibility – Storage Spaces Direct can be deployed as a disaggregated (storage area network), converged or hyperconverged configuration, providing support for a wide variety of application and workload needs. We provide reference architectures that document hyperconverged and converged solutions that can be built using your server vendor of choice with a wide variety of Micron SSDs based on performance and endurance needs.
- Solutions Brief: Micron Enterprise SATA SSDs and Microsoft® Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Solutions Brief: Micron Enterprise NVMe and SATA SSDs with Microsoft® Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Solutions Brief: Micron 5200 Enterprise SATA SSDs Fuel HPE Solution for Microsoft Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
- Reference Architecture: Micron Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Using Microsoft® Hyper-V® and Storage Spaces Direct with Micron Enterprise SATA SSDs
- Reference Architecture: Micron Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Using Microsoft® Hyper-V® and Storage Spaces Direct with Micron Enterprise NVMe and SATA