Hardware, Software and Standards-Based Tools
- AES 256-Bit Hardware Encryption Engine: Keeps data private between sender and intended recipients.
- Solid Secure Firmware: Provides a solid defense to protect the storage platform against low-level attacks.Standards-Based Security: Micron is a contributing member of the Trusted Computing Group. Our SSDs follow one of these two specifications:
- TCG Opal 2.0 compliance for secure client computing, available with IEEE-1667 compliance for compatibility with Windows server and desktop
- TCG Enterprise compliance for SSDs in the data center and enterprise data storage
- Standards-Based Sanitize: Includes commands executable from Micron’s Storage Executive software (GUI or command line, Windows and Linux).
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validation: Provides assurance that Micron’s SSDs meet requirements for cryptographic security and interoperability validation.
Trade Agreement Act (TAA): Provides assurance that Micron’s TAA-approved SSDs are manufactured in a TAA-designated country, easing supply chain management for government accounts.