Deliver compute and storage resources through a common virtualized platform — getting accelerated and predictable performance — with our hyperconverged, all-flash VMware vSAN Ready Nodes. Their scale-out architecture enables you to optimize the data I/O path while minimizing CPU impact.
How It’s Built
The Micron All-Flash Accelerated VMware vSAN Ready Nodes are industry-standard Supermicro x86 servers running vSAN software, with optimized Micron NVMe and SATA SSDs. These solutions allow you to scale cost-effectively by incrementally adding the compute and/or SSD storage that you need when you need it. And your IT experts can perform enterprise-class management through the VMware vSphere web client.
The Micron Accelerated VMware vSAN solution's configure has been tested and documented by Micron—giving it our SOLID Ready seal of approval.
Why VMware vSAN?
- Increase efficiency: Get an overall increase in storage efficiency with vSAN’s inline data deduplication and compression.
- Protect your data: Improve usable storage capacity while leaving data protection levels unchanged thanks to erasure coding.
- Improve performance quality: Help to eliminate “noisy-neighbor” performance challenges with the VM-specific performance and control of vSAN.
The Micron all-flash Accelerated VMware vSAN solutions provide compelling value for your VMware environment, including:
- High performance: Experience better responsiveness and lower latency compared to hybrid thanks to firmware enhancements in the NVMe and SATA SSDs.
- High flexibility: Purchase a “turn-key” platform (just add software) or build your own ready nodes with the help of our detailed reference architecture.
- Easy expansion: To expand capacity or performance, simply add hosts to the Ready Node cluster or add SSDs to a node. No need for overprovisioning!
- Low TCO: Bring better results and more value to your data center with solutions that are optimized by engineering experts at the platform level.
Benchmark software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Micron products. Performance tests are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those items may cause the performance results to differ from the results claimed. Micron advises you to consult other information and performance tests that may be available from other sources to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases.
Two Possible Fulfillment Paths:
- Using a single SKU, purchase the full solution (Supermicro server with Micron SSDs and memory optimized for Red Hat Ceph Storage) directly from Supermicro.
- Build your own solution following the Micron SOLID Ready reference architecture as the recipe with Micron SSDs and memory using your preferred servers, network adapters, etc.