Get the performance, density, flexibility and scale essential for data analytics, media repositories, OpenStack™ cloud infrastructures and content streaming with the Micron Accelerated Ceph™ Storage Solution.
How It’s Built
Our Accelerated Ceph Storage Solution leverages Supermicro servers with Red Hat Ceph Storage running on Red Hat Linux and powered by our fast Micron NVMe SSDs and DRAM memory. This configuration delivers over 1.9 Million IOPs and reaches 240 Gb/s throughput –enough to support up to 9600 Ultra High-Definition streams simultaneously.
The Micron Accelerated Ceph Solution’s configuration has been tested and documented by Micron (including the performance measurements above) – giving it our SOLID READY seal of approval.
Why Red Hat Ceph Storage?
Red Hat Ceph Storage has a software-defined architecture that provides unified access to block, file and object storage allowing you can integrate into your existing hardware and infrastructure for lower capital costs and more flexibility. Even better for your IT environment, Ceph Storage offers robust, multi-tenant storage for cloud and virtualization applications like Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Amazon Web Services.
1 Per Micron NDA engineering test report AA1128; Dated March 2018)
1 Per Netflix “Internet Connection Speed Recommendations”
Deploy with ease: Pre-tuned “turn-key” Ceph platforms support by Red Hat, as well as flexible sales and delivery from Supermicro, free your IT teams to focus on high-value tasks like fast deployment.
- Scale with ease: To expand capacity or performance, add hosts to the Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster or add SSDs to a host. No need to overprovision!
- Boost performance: Get better performance with solutions optimized by expert engineers at the platform level.
- Lower costs: Lower acquisition costs while driving better results with SOLID READY solutions that use enterprise-grade SSDs and advanced DRAM.
Benchmark software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Micron products. Performance tests are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those items may cause the performance results to differ from the results claimed. Micron advises you to consult other information and performance tests that may be available from other sources to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases.
Two Possible Fulfillment Paths:
- Using a single SKU, purchase the full solution (Supermicro server with Micron SSDs and memory optimized for Red Hat Ceph Storage) directly from Supermicro.
- Build your own solution following the Micron SOLID READY reference architecture as the recipe with Micron SSDs and memory using your preferred servers, network adapters, etc.