High Density and Power Efficiency Made More Accessible
The increasingly data-intensive workloads of cloud and high-performance computing (HPC) applications are requiring data centers to be massively scalable and efficient. Higher-density, low-power server solutions are essential to addressing this need, but these solutions have been very costly—until now.
Micron’s 8Gb monolithic DDR3 is an industry first—enabling more cost-effective scaling of high-density server modules, which lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) for data centers. Our 8Gb monolithic DDR3 is ideal for high-end enterprise computing and storage systems, cloud servers, as well as networking applications and client computing systems.
“Micron has just shown off the world's first 8Gb DDR3 memory chips, something that will pave the way for massive kits of memory.”
Inspur Chooses Micron
China’s leading server manufacturer, Inspur, has selected our 8Gb DDR3 to fuel several of their next-generation computing products. Inspur’s vice president, Zhang Haitao, said that “The rapid growth of cloud-based data centers and high-performance computing applications will greatly benefit from this advancement in memory, and we are excited to be working with Micron on the leading edge.”
“A treat for enterprise customers.”
– Maximum PC
- High Density: Build in enterprise-level density essential to growing HPC and cloud computing environments.
- Power Efficiency: Enable huge scale without increasing your power bill exponentially.
- Cost Effective: Expand your memory footprint to meet the needs of hyperscale data centers with this low-cost alternative to higher-capacity DDR3 and DDR4 DIMMs.
- High Performance: Deliver the right results, right on time when supporting activities like in-memory data analytics, search, and social networking.
- Broad Portfolio: Choose from a broad DRAM selection, with DDR3 and DDR4 solutions for your every enterprise need.