Growth Through Acquisitions
Micron’s path to global leadership began with the acquisition of Texas Instruments' DRAM memory business in 1998. Since that time, we’ve continued to grow through numerous strategic acquisitions – each one bringing a unique and complimentary addition to our portfolio and global presence.
- Micron won the auction for Cando Corporation assets, to create a back-end site adjacent to Micron's existing Taichung fab – establishing its Center of Excellence for DRAM in Taiwan.
- Micron acquires Inotera Memories
- Micron acquires Tidal Systems
- Micron acquires Convey Computer
- Micron acquires Pico Computing
- Micron acquires Elpida Memory Inc. and Rexchip Electronics Corporation
- Micron announces agreement to acquire Virtensys
Micron increases scale and broadens its product portfolio with the acquisition of Numonyx B.V. from Intel, STMicroelectronics, N.V. and Francisco Partners.
Micron acquires Displaytech, Inc., and introduces a new single-chip microdisplay panel.
Micron acquires Lexar Media to expand NAND Flash memory portfolio.
Micron acquires Toshiba's commodity DRAM operations at Dominion Semiconductor, LLC, a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation of Japan, located in Manassas, Virginia.
KMT Semiconductor, Ltd., in Nishiwaki City, Japan, becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary with Micron’s purchase of Kobe Steel, Ltd.’s, interest in the joint-venture operation.
Micron becomes one of the largest memory producers in the world with the purchase of Texas Instruments' worldwide memory operations.