Micron Delivers a Modern, More Agile Storage Solution
Ever-increasing quantities of data are overwhelming traditional data center solutions. With its industry-leading capacity (up to 8TB), unsurpassed steady state random writes (up to 74,000 IOPS1) and new tunable FlexPro™ architecture, Micron’s 5100 series of SATA SSDs are perfectly tailored to meet the needs of this data deluge. And by leveraging Micron 3D eTLC NAND technology, the 5100 SSD family offers a unique cost-optimized platform that's a better value compared to existing HDD solutions — disrupting the economics of storage as we know it today.
Our 5100 SSDs deliver consistent high performance, market-leading security and endurance, flexibility and simplification through a common platform — making it easier for IT managers to transform their data centers into high-performing, extremely efficient environments.
Micron offers three low-latency 5100 models (ECO, PRO and MAX) that are uniquely designed to satisfy varying degrees of customer workloads, from read-intensive video streaming, to latency-sensitive transactional databases to write-intensive logging applications.
5100 Key Benefits
- High Capacity: Up to 8TB of storage in a 2.5-inch form factor and 2TB in a tiny M.2 takes data center performance to the next level.
- Consistent High Performance: Consistent IOPS and up to 74K random write performance meet modern data center demands.
- Comprehensive Security: Built-in AES-256-bit encryption and TCG Enterprise protection with FIPS-validation (available on the 5100 MAX) help to alleviate enterprise security concerns.
- Ultimate Flexibility: Micron's FlexPro firmware architecture lets IT administrators actively tune capacity to optimize drive performance and endurance.
- Outstanding Reliability: 99.999%2 quality of service (QoS) that is unmatched compared to spinning media helps reduce downtime and latency.
1 For SATA products in a 7mm form factor.
2 The Micron 5100 MAX 960GB SSD was measured against a competing SAS 12 Gb/s 15K 600GB HDD. Performed on Intel* Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz, Asus* Maximum VII GENE motherboard, CentOS*6.5 64-bit, FIO* 2.2.6. Workload: 4KB Block Size, 100% Read, 100% Random, Queue Depth 32, 99.999% QoS. *Other names and brands may be claimed as property of others.