Micron Launches Industry’s First Enterprise SATA SSDs Built on Leading 64-Layer 3D NAND Technology
The new Micron 5200 series of SSDs empowers fast, consistent quality of service for business-critical virtualized workloads and cloud architectures. Built on Micron’s industry-leading 64-layer 3D NAND, the Micron 5200 series delivers greater densities, throughput, consistency, and power efficiency — all at a better value and higher level of reliability.
Leveraging the proven architecture and leading performance and capacity of well-regarded 5100 SATA SSDs, the Micron 5200 series is engineered to deliver a fast, easy and cost-effective enterprise storage solution to replace existing hard drives and legacy SSDs. Micron 5200 SSDs immediately deliver better total cost of ownership and improve data center efficiency through server and storage platform consolidation, reducing IT costs and simplifying infrastructure and maintenance. Now, it is easier than ever before for enterprises to add more flash into the data center and get more out of fewer server deployments.
- Quality of Service: The Micron 5200 SSDs deliver extremely efficient QoS, offering up to 99.7 percent better QoS when compared to a mission-critical hard disk drive.
- Unmatched Capacity: Micron 5200 SSDs offer the industry’s broadest SATA portfolio with capacities up to 7.68TB — twice the capacity of other SSDs on the market.
- Better All-Around Performance: A single Micron SATA SSD enables 3X more performance than an entire rack of 24 hard drives.*
- Fewer Servers to Accomplish More: Micron 5200 SSDs improve efficiency in virtualized, hyperconverged and software-defined storage environments through server and storage platform consolidation and simplified IT maintenance, and improve TCO with lower power, cooling, software licensing and co-location costs.
- Storage That Scales: Micron’s unique Flex Capacity feature allows users to adjust the drive’s endurance, performance and capacity to meet changing storage needs as business grows and workloads and application needs evolve.
- Fast, Trusted, Easy, Secure:Take advantage of a proven architecture that’s been qualified and used by top OEMs, hyperscalers and data centers. The Micron 5200 SSD leads the industry with the highest published MTTF and lowest annualized drive failure rate for SATA enterprise SSDs.**
- Micron Quality — From Silicon to System: With the industry’s broadest SATA SSD portfolio, Micron’s flash storage solutions power the data center and make workloads faster, more reliable, more efficient and more cost-effective.
*Based on IOPS performance of 24 hard drives (300GB, 10K RPM, SAS) compared to a single 960GB Micron 5100 PRO SSD in an OLTP workload environment. Results do not reflect differences in capacity and hard drives were not short-stroked. Actual performance may vary. For conceptual purposes only.
**Per public data sheet specifications, the Micron 5200 SSD has a mean time to failure (MTTF) of 3 million device hours, compared to the 2 million hours for SATA enterprise SSDs. Converting these numbers to annualized failure rates gives the Micron 5200 a 0.29% annualized failure rate versus 0.44% for competing drives. Enhanced reliability is the foundation for consistent, predictable performance.
*** Seagate ST600MP0005 600GB, SAS12Gb/s, 15K.5 vs Micron 5200 PRO 1920GB, Measurements performed on Intel* Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz, Asus* Maximum VII GENE motherboard, CentOS*6.5 64-bit, FIO* 2.2.6, Workload - 4KB Block Size, 100% Read, 100% Random, Queue Depth 32, 99.999% Quality of Service. *Other names and brands may be claimed as property of others.