From heads up displays, interactive dashboards, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), video playback and more, cars are quickly becoming more content and feature rich. This requires a plethora of applications that help the driver process information. As manufacturers continue to add more advanced sensors, high-resolution displays, on-vehicle cameras, black-box storage and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications, cars will need accelerated processing power and increased data storage capacity to enabling all this connectivity. e.MMC provides ease of design, quality and durability required by designers of today’s automotive applications.
e.MMC devices are fully managed NAND solutions, with industry-standard interfaces and built-in controllers making the integration with hardware and software seamless, and they streamline the development and qualification process for designers. e.MMC features advanced NAND management, error correction, bad block management, and health monitoring. All of these features combine to give it the power needed to deliver more robust data integrity and protection unprecedented in the market.
Key requirements include:
- Extended temperature range
- Infotainment: -40ºC to 85ºC
- ADAS/Cluster: -40ºC to 105ºC
- e.MMC v5.0 Performance that meets automotive needs
- 100% Power fail protection
- Flexible packaging
- 153Ball BGA for applications with limited board space
- 100ball BGA for robustness
- Zero defect target to support stringent quality demands for automotive applications
- AEC-Q100 specifications
- Adheres to PPAP requirements
- Extended support and long product lifetime
- Endurance and data retention that meets automotive reliability requirements
In order to continue to enable these robust in-vehicle features, we are pleased to announce our latest generation of e.MMC for Automotive applications, please go to our e.MMC or automotive pages to find out more information.