It is estimated that the world creates approximately 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every single day.
This data comes from everywhere, it is what we commonly refer to as ‘big data’. Data that is both structured and unstructured and is created by such things as sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos, purchase transactions, medical records, and cell phone GPS signals, to name a few. In fact, I came across a statistic stating the data we create—and then store—and then replicate multiple times, is growing 4 times faster than the world economy.
These are staggering numbers. It is clear that big data is not just a passing trend; it is absolutely a strategic imperative for businesses today. Every decision a company makes is data-driven. However, this is creating a tremendous amount of stress on the underlying infrastructure in the data center.
It is becoming more and more apparent that in order to keep pace with the tidal wave of data, the data center infrastructure needs new solutions. Solutions that are designed from the ground up using semiconductor technology—specifically flash storage today, as well as storage class memory of the future.
I invite you to join Micron for a LIVE webcast on April 12, 2016 at 10 a.m. CST. During this webcast Micron executives, customers and partners will discuss the exciting suite of Micron SSDs and Micron Accelerated Solutions and how they will help transform the data center from the current legacy IT infrastructure to a more agile environment.
Webcast to include presentations by:
- Mark Durcan: President & CEO discussing Micron’s vision & commitment in storage
- Darren Thomas: VP & GM, Storage Business Unit sharing how the data center infrastructure is undergoing a massive transformation
- Steve Moyer: VP, Storage Software Engineering discussing storage innovations happening at the Micron Storage Solutions Center in Austin, TX
- Eric Endebrock: VP, Storage Marketing revealing new products and solutions
- Jon Carter: VP, Storage Emerging Memory providing a 3D Xpoint update
- Mark Glasgow: VP, Enterprise Sales sharing how real-world customers are solving data challenges using flash
For more information about this event visit https://www.micron.com/solutions/enterprising
We want to hear from you! Leave a comment below and connect with us on LinkedIn and @MicronStorage on Twitter. You can also keep pace with this event by following #ThisIsEnterprising. See you on April 12th!