The Micron Foundation strives to build excitement for youth in the fields of science, math, engineering and technology. This year, the Foundation is one of the sponsors of the Utah Regional FIRST Robotics Competition (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) meeting March 18-20 on the University of Utah campus in which students and technology industry professionals team together to solve engineering design problems. Teams are challenged with building a robot that will complete a specific set of tasks in a competitive environment against other teams.
Micron is pleased to provide financial assistance and/or mentors in support of the following 2010 Idaho and Virginia teams:
• Battlefield High School, Haymarket, VA
• Boise School District (Treasure Valley Math and Science Center), Boise, ID
• Meridian School District (Mountain View High School), Meridian, ID
• Nampa School District (Nampa, Skyview and Columbia High Schools), Nampa, ID
• Osbourn High School, Manassas, VA
• Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, VA.
Winning teams from the regional competitions will go on to compete at the international FIRST Robotics Championship in Atlanta, Georgia, April 15-17, 2010.