In this 5-minute whiteboard video, strategic marketing director Kevin Kilbuck provides a brief description of the technical differences between SLC, MLC, and 3-bit MLC NAND. He also discusses how these products fit into a NAND process roadmap and why 3-bit MLC can be an effective complement an aggressive shrink roadmap (not a substitute for one).
- How the cell bit count controls the relationship between die size and density
- Why cell density affects performance and reliability
- Why 3-bit MLC is only suited for specific applications
- How 3-bit MLC can complement an aggressive shrink roadmap
- Why NAND process windows are going to grow in the coming years
Find out more about choosing the right NAND on micron.com/nand.
About Our Blogger
Kevin is Micron Technology's Director of NAND Marketing.