Return of the E-die
Ballistix strikes back with a new DDR4 record of 5758.8MT/s.
Any speedrunner will tell you the thrill of the run comes from breaking records when the deck is stacked against you. Hard mode. 100% completion. That’s the name of the game.
Breaking records is always great, but it’s how it’s achieved that matters in the end.
- Off-the-shelf Ballistix Elite 3600 DRAM? Check.
- Extreme low latency CL24? Double check.
- An 8th gen i7-8086K processor? Triple check.
- Off-the-shelf, unmodified ASUS Maximus XI Apex motherboard and BIOS? Quad check.
- Standard Antec HCP-1300 Platinum ATX power supply? Penta check!
And that’s how Overclocked Gaming Systems (OGS) played when they pushed the speed envelope, setting a new DDR4 record of 5758.8MT/s using the Ballistix Elite 3600. Cooled with liquid nitrogen (LN2), of course.
Ballistix, Micron’s gaming memory brand, is back on top with the official overclocking high score . . . for now. And as always, we’re having a blast working to push past our own score.