As the landscape of personal and mobile computing continues to intersect, our storage devices are becoming smaller and lighter while boosting system performance and adding features.
Ultrathin notebooks are a new breed of mobile devices that boast the portability of a tablet and the power of a laptop. The broad range of the target market, from business people to college students and even children, means that ”the inside” needs to be tough, versatile, and can’t compromise on speed. Client SSD have several of these traits and others that make them ideal for ultrathins:
- Performance – Because SSDs don’t have any mechanical moving parts to slow things down, they respond at the push of a button, providing instant-on responsiveness and nearly instantaneous application load times.
- Battery Life – SSDs require less power to operate, which helps extend battery life.
- Rock Solid – Thanks to their simple design, SSDs are rugged, reliable, and resistant to the common drops, bumps, falls, shocks, temperature swings, and vibrations that are inevitable with daily use.
- Portability – Smaller and lighter than HDDs, SSDs are designed with mobility in mind.
- Peace and Quiet – With no noisy spinning parts, SSDs are silent.
The Ultrathin class of devices is still in its infancy, yet growing rapidly. As the market progresses to undoubtedly lighter and sleeker machines, Micron will continue to meet the demand with industry-leading SSD solutions.
Discover how an ultrathin notebook with a solid state drive can transform the way you work.
Lobbying for a new computer? Don't forget the solid state drive (SSD). SSDs replace hard drives (storing all your files) and make computers faster, lighter, and more power-efficient.