PCIe Performance at an Accessible Price
The P420m PCIe SSD provides many of the same features as our P320h PCIe SSD—one of the highest-performing SSDs on the market—but thanks to our multilevel (MLC) NAND technology, the P420m is available at a more accessible price for the mainstream market with higher capacities and advanced data protection.
Why Micron for PCIe?
We make our PCIe SSDs from start to finish, closely integrating the controller, firmware, and NAND device to optimize performance. We are a vertically integrated supplier with direct control over the SSD design, manufacturing process, and supply. So with Micron, you get the best, most reliable PCIe products to boost your application performance—even in the most demanding environments.
A Champion in Real-World Database Performance
We used SysBench to evaluate the real-world database performance of several PCIe SSDs. The P420m had the highest average transactions per second (TPS) and one of the most consistent (concentrated) data clusters. Competitor C, whose drive is very fast in synthetic tests, had multiple 0 data points where no transactions completed during the one-second measurement window, showing that standard I/O benchmarks often don’t fully explain application performance. Why not? Latency matters.
- This test lasted one hour with a data sample taken each second.
- A 264GB database with 100 tables and 1 billion rows, a 24GB buffer pool, and 32 threads were used. Each dot represents 1 of 3600 test samples.
- All drives delivered respectable performance in synthetic tests.
Additional P420m Benefits
- Consistent Performance: Improves data transfer times and removes bandwidth bottlenecks; ideal for read-intensive applications.
- High Reliability: Provides advanced data protection using our extended performance and enhanced reliability technology (XPERT) feature set; onboard capacitors protect against power loss.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership: Reduces your storage costs and energy footprint with power-efficient specifications; provides higher IOPS per watt to reduce your storage footprint.
- Form Factor Flexibility: Offered in two compact form factors, including the 2.5-inch hot-swappable case that can be inserted or removed from the front of a server without removing the server from the rack or powering it down.
- High Capacities: Offered in 350GB–1.4TB capacities.